Sunday, February 12, 2006

water creatures

Squash dish of the week was pizza (white-wheat-cornmeal crust, sauce of home-canned tomatoes mixed with squash puree, onions, herbes de provence and other tasties, spinach and brie cheese) but no recipe here since it was a group effort and my only contribution to the sauce was a suggestion that it include mashed squash.

Since I'm trying to eat seasonally, I've started considering/worrying what will happen when squash goes out of season. What to do for the dead of summer? To distract myself from that disturbing thought, I'm posting some photos of my latest needles, including unidentified water creatures...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow you really like squash. are you sure we're related? my friend kevin in san fran just took up knitting; he made a pretty nice scarf. i gave him your website but he was disappointed that you didnt have any of your own knittings up there...
von pop