Tuesday, November 28, 2006

glass

Passed my finger through the flame yesterday and barely noticed, it was numb with cold. Luckily fingertip burns aren't a big deal. It's now officially too cold to do lampworking outside, but I figure if I'm going to be miserable I might as well be productive.

Here's my newest work in progress. The figures are done, they just need a setting.


My prone person doesn't feel quite settled in her position and I think she needs a softer setting or something that gives her the illusion of sinking in to it. Not sure what yet, but I'd like to finish it this winter. Meanwhile, my glass/wood/metal sculpture sold at Suzanne's gallery; it's my first big piece to sell so that's exciting. (It's not that big actually but it's the first non-functional thing I've had sell.)

And some other recent and reset pieces:




No comments: